Let me tell (read) you a story

by June 02, 2014 0 komentarze
Some people may say that reading is a waste of time, you should just live your life and experience things. But I read a lot and I'm quite happy with that. There's always a book on my bedside table. I'm just looking for a bookcase to store a huge amount of books I have.
I'm not that kind of reader who can read a few books at the same time. What I need is a good story (rather fictional) I can read from cover to cover without interrupting. For a few years I've been choosing series, such as Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. And since I met my husband I have read a lot of fantasy. I've never expected I would be fond of such kind of books, but to my surprise I am. 
What makes books so powerful that we feel scared or excited reading them? I believe it's the story itself. People love stories. Some of us like reading stories, while others prefer listening to them. And of course, there are many gifted people who can tell really good stories.
It's amazing that we can even share our feelings while reading stories, e.g. when we are reading them aloud to children.
Today I'll present you my favourite sites to listen to and to create stories.

READ / LISTEN TO STORIES

Oxford Owl - Library

http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/home/reading-owl/reading

You have to Sign in to read eBooks, but it's free.

Storyline Online

http://www.storylineonline.net/
 
I bet you'll love this site! Would you like to hear a story read by Betty White or Elijah Wood? If yes, it's the perfect place for you!

CREATE STORIES
If you would like to write your own stories or inspire your students to write theirs, there's no better site than Storybird.com.

http://storybird.com/

You can create free classroom acount (up to 35 students). You can give assignments, keep your class activity private or share it. Making storybirds is easy, and students will be inspired to write by beautiful art. 

MsCateZ

EFL teacher

I love teaching, I love eTwinning.

signature

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment