World Teacher's Day 2017

by October 05, 2017 0 komentarze
Designed by Freepik
I have been a teacher for more than 10 years now. I had never planned it before I started working at school. When I was in high school, my English teacher (btw. my fav teacher) asked me about my futer plans. I told him that I wanted to get a master degree in English philology. He asked me if I wanted to become a teacher but I denied it. Back then I was convinced that this profession wasn't suitable for me. I couldn't be more wrong.
Now I know that teaching is not only profession but most of all it's my true calling. I love teaching, although it's so difficult sometimes. I don't want to write a long post about the advantages and disadvantages of being a teacher. On this special day I just want to tell you why I love my professional life. There are at least 3 reasons, and they are interconnected.

1) PERSONAL RELATIONS 

As a child I was very shy, so I have never considered myself to be a people person. At first I wasn't very confident in the classroom but my profession requires a lot of human interaction and that made me open to people.

2) ENDLESS CREATIVITY

Being a teacher, I am always in touch with my inner child. Preparing new learning activities or projects helps me to flourish my creativity.

3) PERSONAL GROWTH

I also discover new passions and gain new abilities. A few years ago I started my journey of learning how to code. And last year I returned to drawing or rather doodling ;)

Being a teacher isn't easy but it can be very rewarding if you're passionate about it. Happy Teacher's Day.

MsCateZ

EFL teacher

I love teaching, I love eTwinning.

signature

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment